top of page

Warmer Kiwi Homes for Eligible homeowners

Warmer Kiwi Homes is a government programme offering grants covering 80% of the costs of ceiling and underfloor insulation and ground vapour barrier for eligible low-income homeowners in most regions.

Funding is limited & is based on a first in first served basis.

Energy Workshop & Healthy Homes Taranaki are proud to be subcontractors to the Warmer Kiwis Home program and are able to service a wide area within Taranaki, Manawatu, Whanganui, Rangitikei, Horowhenua & Wairarapa.

1_Premier Logo_White on Orange.png
EW Logo Current.JPG

To be eligible for a Warmer Kiwi Homes insulation grant you will need to

Be the occupying homeowner of a house built before 2008

Then have either

Community Services Card or SuperGold Combo Card


Living in an area identified as lower-income


I'm eligible, what happens now?

Great, give us a call or contact us via our contact page or the register above & we will schedule in for an assessment with one of our assessors. When they come round to assess they will advise on what is required as well as providing you with a quote on the spot so you will know what the costs will be.

I don't have a community service or SuperGold combo card - how do I found out if I live in a lower income area?

Contact us via our contact page & we we can check this for you.

So how much would have to pay?

Warmer Kiwi Homes covers 80% of the cost of insulation, so you would pay 20% of the quote value - for example if you had a quote to insulate for $2000 the grant would cover approx. $1600 & you would only have to pay $400. In some instances you may have to pay more, if the underfloor area had no insulation but required a hatch to be made to access it the hatch cut would not be covered, in the instance you would pay the 20% plus the hatch cut fee. However you would receive a detailed quote during your assessment explaining what would need to happen & what it would cost.

I'm a tenant in a rental property, but have a community services card, do I get it?

Unfortunately not, you must be the homeowner & occupier to be eligible for the WKH grant. However your landlord is required to meet certain obligations under the Residential Tenancy Act & Healthy Homes Act, so talk to your landlord.

What if I already have insulation in my house?

Your insulation my be below standard and if eligible could still get a top up still at 80% off. But if it is to standard, you then have piece of mind that your property is well insulated.

I'm not eligible , so does that mean you cant help me?

We can definitely still help you create a healthier home, however it would not be through this grant.

bottom of page